Jo Parkerson is the Entertainment and Lifestyle Content Director at Bauer Media UK – the parent company of some of the UK’s biggest magazines and radio stations including Absolute Radio, Magic 105.4, Heat, Grazia & Mother & Baby. But you may know her better as the Presenter behind Magic’s Green Room, interviewing some of the world’s biggest stars – scroll down to see what happened when Jo & Bump met Will Smith! Now expecting her second daughter, Jo shares a few of her pregnancy tips and maternity styling tricks.
1) We love your style! Can you sum it up in 3 words?
Thank you 🙂
High Street lux!
2) How have you been styling your bump? Are you more of a fitted kind of girl, or do you like to keep things loose and flowing?
A mix of the two depending on how I’m feeling and which trimester I’m in! First trimester was definitely loose and flowing hiding the bump. During my 2nd trimester I embarked the bump …once it had popped out and I stopped looking fat! And now at 32 weeks I’m all about loose and flowing …..shift maternity dresses and tights are my go-to-look.
3) Do you have a favourite piece from the Seraphine collection?
4) What is the best part about being pregnant?
Not having to hold my tummy in! And feeling like you have a little companion everywhere you go – I’m still blown away by the fact I’m growing another human being inside me!
5) Have you had any weird pregnancy cravings?
Fizzy Water! I can’t get enough of it!
6) We are confiscating your makeup bag – you’re allowed to keep three essential cosmetics. What do you choose?
7) Do you have any beauty or styling tips to share with other expectant mums?
Comfort is key…but don’t forget fashion! Invest in some key pieces that make you feel good.
Don’t try and squeeze into your old clothes as soon as you’ve told everyone your good news, embrace your growing bump & treat yourself to some new maternity clothes!
And the obvious …don’t forget to moisturise your bump every day with a bump cream to prevent or reduce stretch marks
8) Finding the perfect balance can be a challenge – if you could have one super power, what would it be & how would you use it?
Never ending energy!
9) Who are your heroes? Can you share your top inspirational women?
Cate Blanchett, Sam Taylor Johnson
10) What was the best piece of advice you received when you were pregnant?
Try and enjoy it and savour the feeling of your baby growing inside you – as once they’ve popped out you won’t remember those amazing kicking sensations or the changes your body went through.