As a busy working mum, I know that it’s not always easy to find time to devote to the salon. But I’ve found that with the right styling tools, you can achieve the same results in half the time at home! These are my everyday styling essentials:
A Great Hair Day
- When styling my hair, my first step is to wrap it up for 10 minutes in the Aquis Lisse Hair Turban – it’s a great hands-free way to dry your hair, which leaves you free for other things like putting on your makeup or sorting out the kids’ breakfast. It also reduces your drying time and minimises split ends.
- After 10 minutes in the turban, the Babyliss New Big Hair 50mm hot spinning brush cuts out the blow dry stage, turning towel dried hair into a smooth bouncy style in one easy step – I love it!
- And for days when you want a straight glossy look, the GHD Eclipse is the best set of straighteners I’ve tried – it gets gleaming results in next to no time.
Mani – Pedi
- I am a Shellac manicure convert – the high-shine chip-proof gel finish is perfect for a busy lifestyle. But these days it’s increasingly difficult to find the time to head to the salon. The Red Carpet Manicure Gel Polish Starter Kit allows you to achieve the same indestructible style in your own living room – I tend to do mine in the evenings after the kids are in bed.
- And for a quick DIY pedicure, the Emjoi Micro Pedi Foot Smoothing Device is a great way to beautify your feet at home.
- When there’s not enough time for a full spa facial, the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System will achieve that same deep clean feeling every day at home in just 1 minute!
Wide Awake Eyes
- When my boys were young and sleep was scarce, I discovered the power of perfectly curled lashes. The Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers open up your eyes, and help you to look wide awake (even if you don’t always feel it).
- Never underestimate the impact of beautifully groomed eyebrows! The Tweezerman Slant Tweezers make plucking and shaping a breeze.