Emma Bigger is a fashion stylist who has worked in the fashion industry for over 15 years. She lives in North London with her husband, Simon and 20 month old son Ozzie. She is expecting her 2nd son in June this year.
1) Describe your style in 3 words
Relaxed, experimental and modern.
2) Where do you find fashion inspiration?
Everywhere! I am always looking for inspiration from films, magazines, street style, the catwalk and blogs. For work I have saved up years of magazines and references.
3) Do you see yourself adapting your style for pregnancy?
Yes definitely. I have kept my core style but there has definitely been some adapting and some gorgeous new maternity clothes! There is not much experimenting now, I know what works for my bump and shape and so it’s best to stick to that formula for now.
4) Do you plan on staying active through pregnancy or scaling back the exercise?
During my first pregnancy I was a bit of a gym junkie. This pregnancy has been a bit different – I now have a toddler to keep me busy, and as a freelance stylist I am always on the move. I try to do a few workouts a week – light jogging/cycling or yoga and Pilates.
5) We are confiscating your makeup bag – you’re allowed to keep three essential cosmetics. What do you choose?
Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, By Terry Rose Lip Balm and my Dior Iconic mascara.
6) What’s your favourite Seraphine piece & why?
I absolutely love the loose fitting maternity trousers, they are so comfortable which is essential! I recently got the mosaic print loose trousers, which are so great with a grey marl tee and trainers for a casual day look.
7) What has been your favourite moment of pregnancy so far?
Finally getting past the tired phase, which lasted a lot longer in this pregnancy! And seeing the baby at my 20 week scan.
8) Any tips to share with other mums-to-be?
Look after yourself. I know it sounds boring but if you eat well, exercise and sleep well, you will feel much better in yourself. Also get your sleep in now and don’t feel guilty about having a lazy day – you will have very few lie-ins as a new mum!
9) Tell us your idea of happiness.
Weekend morning cuddles in bed with my husband and son Ozzie before the chaos starts!
* If you love Seraphine, don’t forget to vote for us as the best maternity brand at the Little London Awards! *